November 17, 2008

This year I don't like Monday's-


~Missed posting yesterday. That's okay. Needed a down day, but need to keep posting. On that off day, the Brain really began clicking about this Blog concept. I could separate motif's or genre's or subject's into separate blogs.
I have a Hot Air Balloon Series that is so bright and cheerful and light-hearted. Those paintings make for a good escape from more serious works and series, and I have found they can make a difference. I found a place to hang them all today- at a Hospital in a therapy clinic. We removed all of their old faded and framed prints from the 70's and hung originals everywhere.
The reception has been very positive. People are really enjoying the change, the bright colors and the livliness. Now I have this idea to begin inquiring of children's and veteran's hospitals and private therapy rooms and move this exhibit there in about 6 months. It is not a gallery, but it is better than having them stacked in the Loft.

No comments: