February 24, 2009

Whippet, ArT FoOL D0dGEr - Tuesday Night


Rats, I had this posted just the way I wanted and a fat fingering lost it all. I was lamenting about the short days, and about how I am NOT getting enough done, fast enough. I am also thinking ahead to my next series- one called family with the beginning images of Granpa and Grandson, Sister Teresita and the Frog Legs, Uncle Henry and the Oscilloscope, Tie dyed Tshirts and Balancing Rock...and I am sure more will come to mind as I work through that series. And the other series that I am painting IN MY BRAIN (that is where it always begins) is the Quitaque Series. Girls on the Hills, Blue Chair, Caprock, Wood Gatherer...okay that is probably at least 6 months of large works, right? Anyway, back to the present. The present painting is a 16x20" acrylic rendering of that rascal Whippet- ArT FoOL D0dGEr. He is the recalcitrant runaway, but I captured him on canvas. He has a blue heart and a moonscape in his ears...since it is the Valentines Month.

No comments: