June 15, 2009

More Western Works-


Hey, I have several commissions going on. I have been doing a bit of schmoozing and visiting with folks and I've also begun to work as a "tribute" artist, rendering oil paintings of fallen soldiers. The next works are two little girls, then a boxer, then a golden retriever. This is fun, I'd like to do this full time very soon. I visited a friend in her "Summer Studio" where she is doing "Hot Art". Her studio is awesome and I expect great large works being generated from there this summer.
I also hung out at a kind of Art Event on Saturday at Mecca on Main. It is coming along nicely, with a warm and inviting ambiance. Just painting and visiting, and now they have added a little sandwich venue.
Tonight's painting is loosely painted 8x10" Oil rendering of a family Trail Ride. I am not pleased with the aspen tree splitting the painting. But it happens. I wish I was there right now.

No comments: