August 24, 2009

ASH or Austin State Hospital


Taking a few days from the day job to reconnect with my Artistic self. Doing the big Art Shuffle, moving paintings from one location to another. Sure wish some of the paintings would begin to be in demand and a few SALES would happen. Maybe a rearrangement and changing placement will help. I finished one painting in the "Quitaque Gals in Caprock Canyon" Series today. It feels so right. I know that is where I am supposed to be - in the Studio. I belong there. All of these other items are just distractions. Maybe that is what LIFE is all about, learning to discern the distractions.
Tonight's painting is another from the Landscape series from one of my working journey's to Austin. It's only a 5x7" Oil rendering of a building on the grounds of Austin State Hospital.

No comments: