August 17, 2009

August is the Hottest Month


And sometimes it seems like the most sad month too. We lost a friend this month. It just underscores the brevity and sanctity that is life. After the numbness and sadness stopped jangling the nerves, some small things got done. That is the way life is - we go on until we leave for that next great and mysterious journey.
I guess I am going to hide all of the following phrases in the great big painting on the easel right now. You think about it - do they all mean the same thing? "It is what it is, A matter of Fate, It's chance, Que Garne, It's destiny, are you in the right place at the right time?, Everything is going somewhere, All that begins must end..." These are words to be hidden in the painting titled "Blue Chair". The painting that eludes me tonight.
Tonight's listing, however, is a study for a part of the Bench Series called "Spectrum". Spectrum because of the rich, wide range of color.
Tomorrow I will talk about the good parts of this weekend. That would be hanging out at Mecca on Main, and reorganizing the space. I shot some photo's as I left, and will add those to this blog.

No comments: