July 13, 2009

Art Weekend


WOW! I cannot wait to live this life full time. I took off work Friday and went to the Galleries and Openings. I visited with the other Artist that are working hard to survive in this economy. It's a tough row to hoe right now, but they all have smiles on their faces and sure seem like they enjoy what they do. I also appreciate the support for one another. I want to be that person. Then on Saturday was that person and I spent the whole day at Mecca on Main re-arranging the Studio there. That was a lot of fun, and it looks so much better. Mecca is really growing and evolving. I am happy to be there. Tonight's posting is a large 18 x 24" pastel on black paper, the Austin Lotus. I took a lot of images of this subject in San Angelo last year. I need to get those out and start working on them. I am also strongly encouraged to paint some of the lighthouses I have visited in the last few years. Several friends collect light house paintings. Hey, those will also make great ATC's - Art Trading Cards. I HAVE got to get that going at Mecca. I want it to be a place to trade our cards too.

No comments: