July 7, 2009

Oxide Gallery Opening in Denton on a Summer Night


It feels right to be getting back out and visiting the Galleries, attending the Openings, browsing and supporting the local artists. How cool is this, no wait! It is hot summer, and I am doing cool stuff. Ha, joking! My fingers seem to have a mind of their own tonight...some strange effects from that are occurring. Guess we better keep it short and sweet.
Tonight is time to launch a series that will run for a very long time. This is the Macro Florals...I love to put my eyeballs right up to the heart of the flowers, then I like to try to emulate that feeling and sensation on a 2 dimensional surface. I am so enamored with everything about this wonderful eye candy of Life.
Let's begin with a bright red Spring Tulip, 18x24" pastel on paper.

No comments: