January 18, 2009


The magic day of the week...I never know whether to think of this day as the beginning of the week, or the end of the week. I guess that is silly and it does not really matter, what matters is what I do with this blessed day, this special day, this day not to work for someone else, but to work and play for ME.
It was a great weekend, got to see the son on Friday, and the daughter and "new" son today. I also got a visit to the Lake, an Owl sighting, a visit with best friends, a sunset on the Lake, and couple of small bike rides. Now, I am hoping for a really good long ride tomorrow.
I'm still not productive enough. But the cluttered studio is beginning to look a little better. There is still a lot of work to do, but it begins to get better as the weather improves. Now, there is also a matter of 3 more commissions and a new one today. I love being busy. I love painting and drawing. Back at it...as in see Wednesday's blog, the painting of the whippet on the easel. The next request is going to be a true challenge.
Today's painting is one of potentially three. I have been wanting to add the third piece to this triptych, but only two have materialized so far. So, enjoy the vertical rendering of the 5x7" original Oil "Black Necked Swan".

No comments: