January 20, 2009

Tuesday -a Monumental Day - Inauguration Day


Yesterday was a Holiday, and I worked very hard to do what I envision or consider "feng shui" in the Front Yard. A mountain of tree leaves removed from the North yard, scattered into the pasture with the cows romping through the leaves, looking for something green to nibble. My arm and hand hurts today from gripping the weapons of the garden yesterday. Amazing how much better I feel looking out to the North yard, now. But, let's face it- that little fever pitch of yard work needs to occur up here in this Studio. This tight little space of a studio where three commissions wait to be completed. It is coming, the motivation is rising, the fever pitch grows. Yes, there is the South, East and West yard yet. There is the vegetable garden and the broken tiller...but the Studio needs to move in front of all of those.
Today saw a quick meeting at the Office, that job-that job, and then I was a chauffeur to the doctor's office and now home. Where did my energy go? A skunk lurks outside somewhere close to the studio tonight. The odor is strong and unmistakable. And I just chased two little raccoons off of the Studio's front porch. They sounded a little like aliens come to visit.
I'll try again tomorrow. Try to finish that painting on the easel. Try to start the next painting, the next commission. Some deadlines are looming- let's get me busy!
Tonight's little painting is the original 5x7" oil, a sister to the vertical study of the black headed swan.

No comments: