March 9, 2009

Cactus World -Monday Night


Hey, I kind of took the weekend off. Well, at least I did not stay in the studio all weekend. Since I seemed to be kind of artistically unproductive this weekend, I used the time well. I delivered new works to Milagros - the Frame and Gift Gallery in Fort Worth. And was excited that they sold some more work. YEAH! I feel like the little train that could..."I think I can-I think I can-I think I can". I'm going to make it just fine or better working full time as a Fine Artist and Illustrator very soon. Literally, I will soon get to be saying to myself "LIVING THE DREAM". The support of the digital world is an important part of that success. It was exhilarating to visit with the Gallery, and then make a quick run over to the Asel Art Supply store and load up on a few new tubes of paint...woohoo! 40% off a tube...still expensive, but better. I also visited the Amon Carter Museum. It is inspiring to be around a lot of fine and inspiring art work.
I also took some time for myself on Sunday and played in the garden and went for a long bicycle ride with a good friend. So, the weekend gave me value. The weekend gave me harmony and balance.
I've gotten a little carried away on the verbal tonight. The painting is an Oil on 16x20" canvas. It is called Cactus World. This time I included a close up.

No comments: