March 16, 2009

Water Lily on Monday Evening


We are into Spring, so therefore into one of my favorite genres- the MacroFlorals. This has always been one of my favorite things to do, to get my eyeballs so close to the flower, the pollen gets on my eyelashes...and I become a part of the flower. Especially when the sun is shining, and it tickles my eyeballs. I tried enrolling in an online course today. We will see how that goes, I am hoping it is motivating. I need to get back to painting a small work every single day.
This week is Spring Break. I am going to runaway about Wednesday for a few days. I don't think there is any signal where I am going. Heck, I may give my wrist and fingers a break for a few days.
Today's posting is a different medium from the last few weeks postings. This is a soft pastel painting of an Austin Lotus. It is about 22x28" on paper.

No comments: