March 18, 2009

Wednesday Escaping- Red Amaryllis


Since there was a slight delay on our Spring Fling escape, I snuck on up here to the studio for a quick posting to the blog, a check of the email, and one last check of the day-job workload...not that I can help today. Today's posting is a little imagery test. I am wondering how the load time will be with this image. I guess if it is bad, I can take it down and try something different. This blog is a great way to keep my feet wet, so to speak. It is a perfect testing bed for how something looks or feels when it is posted on the web.
This painting started as a 5x7" study of a Christmas Amaryllis...and then it went to a 16x20" oil on canvas. Past that it was also rendered as a 4' x 4' image on down the road. I found out how much I love to paint with RED! But the tubes of oil cadmium reds have become staggering in price. Regardless, feel the joy in the paint and the color?

No comments: